Why Waiting Until After the Holidays Could Cost You
Every year around this time, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays.
Here are six great reasons not to wait:
1. There is less competition for you as a seller right now. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year:
- Purchasers that are looking for a home during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy.
- Homes show better when prepared/decorated for the holidays.
3 Bonus Reasons:
- You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
- The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2017, which will lessen the demand for your house.
- Relocation buyers are out there. Companies are not concerned with holiday time and if the buyers have kids, they want them to get into school after the holidays.
There are significant advantages to selling your home during the holiday season.